2 Pcs. Mitee-Bite Products LLC Made in USA Brand New
Model No. #0 (Min. -0.28 to Max.- 0.49") ID Xpansion Workholding Clamps, Holding Force is 950 Lbs
The ID Xpansion® clamp is the ideal solution to hold parts on an inside diameter for high density machining on vertical or horizontal machining centers. It can also be used as an expanding mandrel on a lathe.
These machinable clamps are produced in 12 sizes and can hold internal diameters from under 3/16 to almost 10 inches (4.1 to over 103mm).
The flange diameter of the clamp is held to a close tolerance for precision locating in a machined pocket on work cubes and fixture plates.
The customer machines the mild steel clamp to match the bore of the part ensuring a proper fit. Often times the clamps can be remachined for different size jobs. The low profile ID Xpansion@ Clamp can hold severalparts in one compact area for secondary operations without any clamping interference. They are quickly tightened with a hex key, torque driver or can be mated to hydraulic pull cylinders for automation.
- Low profile
- Ideal for secondary operations on lathe parts
- Easily machined to size on lathe or mill
- Excellent for palletized setups
- Allows more parts per workcube or fixture plates
- Heat-treated and coated screw for long life
- Clamp body made of mild steel for machinability
- Tighten with hex key or hydraulic pull cylinders
- Longer screws for hydraulic applications available
ID Xpansion Clamp Machining and Installation
Model #00 - #6 ID Xpansion Clamps
- Expand clamp approximately .002 to .003 (.1mm) over relaxed diameter and machine to fit workpiece bore, either on lathe or mill.
- If machining the clamp on a lathe use the nut provided, on the back of the clamp, to tighten the tapered screw. This nut is used only while machining the clamp.
- Machine a pocket in the fixture, for the close tolerance “E” dimension and drill and tap mounting holes per “H” column. Drill and tap a hole from the “I” column in the center of the pocket for the tapered screw.
- A recessed dowel pin may be installed into the flange for additional rigidity if required.
- Range of expansion .005 to .025 (.2 to .5mm) depending upon size.
These images shows how these Original Fixture Clamp can be use for application. You will only get described clamps nothing else.
|A||B||C||D||E (+.000 -.002)||F||G||H*||I||J||Torque|
|#0||.86||.63||.59||.23||1.170||.49||.28||6-32 on .825 BHC||8-32||.30||3.6||950|